mxnet-dev mailing list archives

From Pedro Larroy <pedro.larroy.li...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Module maintainers proposal
Date Wed, 10 Jan 2018 13:30:31 GMT
Hi all.

Great initiative with maintainers, I hope to see more maintainers for
different modules. I'm happy to volunteer as well to help.

My main concern is that PRs take a long time for code to get merged,
even when changes are trivial.
I would like to see lower turn around times for simple PRs, ideally
one or max two days. Right now the average is a couple of weeks.

Why does it take so long to merge code and what can we do about it?
For me and my team this is a bit of a problem right now.

This initiative needs more people to be able to scale. Please get this
situation improved, it would greatly help the project.

Pedro.

On Tue, Jan 9, 2018 at 8:47 PM, Isabel Drost-Fromm <isabel@apache.org> wrote:

> Am 9. Januar 2018 18:25:50 MEZ schrieb Mu Li <muli.cmu@gmail.com>:
>>We should encourage to contract a specific contributor for issues and
>>PRs.
>
> My head translates "encourage to contact specific contributor" into "encourage to contact
specific contributors inbox". This translated version is what I would highly discourage.