mxnet-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Olivier <cjolivie...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Proposal for treating warnings as errors in Linux & Clang builds (-Werror)
Date Mon, 15 Jan 2018 18:27:29 GMT
If enabled, it should only cause errors in Release builds, since having
warnings in WIP code is not unusual.

In addition, different developers use different gcc/clang versions. Some
gcc versions, for instance, generate warnings where others do not.  It
would not be fair to render unbuildable a developer who is using a newer
(or older) gcc version is different from CI.  Can this argument be tied to
a particular compiler/platform/version?