mxnet-dev mailing list archives

From Asmus Hetzel <asmushet...@yahoo.de.INVALID>
Subject Re: Release plan - MXNET 1.0.1
Date Thu, 11 Jan 2018 14:41:45 GMT
 Hello Haibin,
we have the following in the release notes under performance improvements:
     "Integrated MKLDNN for CPU training and inference acceleration"
My impression is that this is what PR 8302 is about. I browsed through the code and understand
and agree what this PR is trying to achieve.  But must admit that I would feel uncomfortable
to wrap this up into a release schedule that early. This PR touches 115 files in a sometimes
intrusive way and is not yet finally tested nor integrated into the master branch. Wrapping
such a PR in very lately will put a big risk on the release that we should only take when
absolutely unavoidable.I personally would either remove this from the release or otherwise
move the release date.
Let me know if I misunderstood anything.
Regards
Asmus

    Am Donnerstag, 11. Januar 2018, 00:34:04 MEZ hat Haibin Lin <haibin.lin.aws@gmail.com>
Folgendes geschrieben:

 I am starting the process to prepare for MXNET 1.0.1 release. I have
drafted release notes
(*https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MXNET/Apache+MXNet+%28incubating%29+1.0.1+Release+Notes
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MXNET/Apache+MXNet+%28incubating%29+1.0.1+Release+Notes>*)
to cover the tasks under this release.

A release candidate will be cut on Monday 22nd Jan, 2018 and voting will
commence from then till Thursday 25th Jan, 2018. If you have any additional
features in progress and would like to include it in this release, please
assure they have been merged by Thursday 18th Jan, 2018 with comment so I
may update the release notes.

Feel free to add any other comments/suggestions.

Thanks,
Haibin