mxnet-dev mailing list archives

From Marco de Abreu <marco.g.ab...@googlemail.com>
Subject [Beta] New PR validation method
Date Thu, 14 Dec 2017 00:10:35 GMT
Hello,

as some of you might have noticed, you'll find two instead of one CI-check
under your PR. I'd like to explain their meaning briefly:

PR-head: This is the mode we have been using so far. The CI checks out your
branch as is and runs all the tasks based on this state.
PR-merge: This mode merges your PR with the latest commit on the master
branch. This means you don't have to rebase your PR in order to get the
latest changes applied but CI will test like it has been merged already.
PR-merge fails if your PR contains conflicts, but you'll have to resolve
them anyways if you'd like to get the PR merged by a committer.

I'm currently testing both modes at the same time in order to get data
about the reliability of PR-merge. The current process of merging PRs does
NOT change as PR-head stays the only required check! This means that if
PR-merge fails (because of issues on CIs side), but PR-head passes, your PR
is still ready to be merged by a committer. Please don't get confused if
PR-merge shows an error, it won't have any impact on you and your PR.

Best regards,
Marco