mxnet-dev mailing list archives

From Marco de Abreu <marco.g.ab...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Breaking change to the model JSON file in 1.0.0 release
Date Wed, 13 Dec 2017 00:04:08 GMT
Are we following semantic versioning https://semver.org/ for MXNet
releases? If that's the case, 0.x was basically an unstable beta release
and API changes could be expected at any case.

But in general I totally agree, we should make users aware of the
incompatibility. If it's just the rename, i propose a short printf if a
file from an old version gets loaded and in case it contains the old name.
Automatic conversion could have unknown side effects.

-Marco