mxnet-dev mailing list archives

From Indhu <indhubhara...@gmail.com>
Subject Breaking change to the model JSON file in 1.0.0 release
Date Tue, 12 Dec 2017 23:58:10 GMT
After the 1.0.0 release, we heard from multiple users that the model JSON
file produced by 1.0.0 when a model is saved is not compatible with older
versions of MXNet. Since there was no such change documented in the release
notes, our first thought was that it must be an unintentional change.

We looked at the commit logs and found out that the change was indeed
intentional. Here is the PR that introduced the change:
https://github.com/dmlc/nnvm/pull/152

I think a breaking change like this must have been documented in the
release notes.

1. Given this happened, what actions must we take to make sure such changes
don't happen in the future without being documented in the release notes?
2. For users who ask, I assume we say the change was intentional and there
is no plan to roll it back. Please let me know if that is not correct.

Thanks,
Indu