mxnet-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Olivier <cjolivie...@gmail.com>
Subject 3rdparty packages as submodules
Date Fri, 17 Nov 2017 18:25:16 GMT
All,

I often find it desirable to have a method for 3rdparty packages to be
included (possibly optionally) in a 3rdparty directory.   We do this with
'cub' to some degree, but it's in the root and is actually a fork in the
dmlc repository.  Some samples of what might go in there:

1) Intel OpenMP (llvm-openmp) -- In order to use Intel OMP by default
2) gperftools -- In order to build statically with -fPIC, which isn't the
case with the general distribution
3) mkl-dnn -- In order to build and have debug information available for
mkl-dnn (and possibly submit bugfixes)

What do you all think?

-Chris