mxnet-dev mailing list archives

From Hen <bay...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Draft of blog post for MXNet v0.12 release
Date Tue, 31 Oct 2017 22:43:00 GMT
High level thoughts:

* There's no "go to <link> to download the new version"
* I assume the title will be "Apache MXNet 0.12 released!" or some such; or
if the first line is meant to be the title (*Apache MXNet Release Adds
Support for New NVIDIA Volta GPUs and Sparse Tensor*), it could do with the
version there too.
* Perhaps include a tweet url in the blog and invite them to retweet? Not
sure if that's too needy :)
* After the two features are mentioned, I think there should be a summing
up section. Something that invites the user to try out the new release (the
go to link in my first thought) and then invites them to come
contribute/chat (info on dev@ + Slack).

A difference between an open source project and a company product is that
your users are often the pool you source new project members from. So a
release is both an invitation to them to try out the new version, and your
recruiting pipeline.

Hen