mxnet-dev mailing list archives

From Vikram Madan <vikram.madan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Question about Gluon in MXNet and relationship with Gluon Github repo?
Date Thu, 12 Oct 2017 21:06:11 GMT
Hi Henry,

Great question!

The Gluon API in Apache MXNet is an implementation of the Gluon
specification published at https://github.com/gluon-api/gluon-api. This is
similar to the 2nd example you provided - Tomcat implementing Servlet
specs. Both the Gluon specification and the Gluon implementation in Apache
MXNet are both continuing to evolve, so mind you there might be some minor
inconsistencies between the two.

The Gluon API specification is available for any deep learning framework to
implement, so we will likely see it implemented in other open source deep
learning frameworks like Cognitive Toolkit (CNTK) in addition to Apache
MXNet.

I hope this helps.

Best,
Vikram