mxnet-dev mailing list archives

From Pedro Larroy <pedro.larroy.li...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Improving and rationalizing unit tests
Date Mon, 16 Oct 2017 16:09:06 GMT
I think using a properly seeded and initialized (pseudo)random is actually
beneficial (and deterministic), handpicked examples are usually too
simplistic and miss corner cases.

Better yet is to use property based testing, which will pick corner cases
and do fuzzing automatically to check with high degree of confidence that a
testing condition holds.

Probably it would be good if we use a property based testing library in
adition to nose to check invariants.

A quick googling yields this one for python for example:
https://hypothesis.readthedocs.io/en/latest/quickstart.html does anyone
have experience or can recommend a nice property based testing library for
python?

Regards