mxnet-dev mailing list archives

From Jun Wu <wujun....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: What's everyone working on?
Date Thu, 28 Sep 2017 05:38:43 GMT
I had been working on the sparse tensor project with Haibin. After it was
wrapped up for the first stage, I started my work on the quantization
project (INT-8 inference). The benefits of using quantized models for
inference include much higher inference throughput than FP32 model with
acceptable accuracy loss and compact models saved on small devices. The
work currently aims at quantizing ConvNets, and we will consider expanding
it to RNN networks after getting good results for images. Meanwhile, it's
expected to support quantization on CPU, GPU, and mobile devices.