mxnet-dev mailing list archives

From Henri Yandell <bay...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Integrating a forum with the mailing lists for better usability
Date Sat, 16 Sep 2017 04:23:00 GMT
I'd like to see the user@ list setup first; currently we don't have this
medium that you say we're losing engagement on.

Typically the Apache approach to forums has been to use Nabble ( for
example http://camel.465427.n5.nabble.com/Camel-Users-f465428.html ); which
iirc is a forum interface to the user list.

I think you can also sign in (via Google, or Apache if a committer) to
lists.apache.org for the same 'wrap the list' experience.

It looks like this came up historically:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-mxnet/issues/976 +
https://github.com/apache/incubator-mxnet/issues/1020

I also wonder how forums and stackoverflow compare. They seem to hit the
same topic, so is https://stackoverflow.com/questions/tagged/mxnet in
essence the forum?

I'll ask on general@incubator as to whether there has been discussion in
recent years on projects running forums, and whether the direction was to
self-host at Apache or use a third party (which means someday you will be
dealing with having to migrate off of that third party).

Hen