mxnet-dev mailing list archives

From Simon Corston-Oliver <simonco...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: New Apache MXNet logo idea
Date Thu, 28 Sep 2017 19:54:46 GMT
There are many other associations that people might have with a rabbit
depending on their cultural and linguistic background, not all of them
things we would want to have associated with MXNet.

Free-associating as an English speaker: rabbits are associated with
fertility (Easter), promiscuity ("&*&^ like rabbits"), good luck ("white
rabbits", rabbit foot necklace amulets), disease (see *Myxomatosis), *pests
(e.g. New Zealand
<http://www.doc.govt.nz/nature/pests-and-threats/animal-pests/rabbits/>),
going astray/crazy ("down the rabbit hole")*.*

It's one of the animals in the Chinese Zodiac cycle with strong
associations.