mxnet-dev mailing list archives

From Tianqi Chen <tqc...@cs.washington.edu>
Subject Re: Announcement of DMLC/TVM Our Deep Learning Compilation Stack
Date Fri, 18 Aug 2017 03:09:19 GMT
Let me be a bit more specific. There will be three modes that such
integration is possible

- Allow TVM function to declare a function that can be called imperatively
- Allow MXNet symbolic graph to be compiled to a standalone TVM module(no
mxnet runtime dependency) that can be deployed to the device you like with
support for OpenCL/Metal/ javascript etc.
    - This is called AOT mode and is usually good for deployment, this is
what we will be PR next week
- Allow mix TVM compiled function with Gluon operator, and possibly shift
some of mxnet runtime to work with TVM runtime to support OpenCL/Metal
directly in MXNet. This should be the longer term and needed if we want to
do training

Hope this clarify your question

Tianqi