mxnet-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Olivier <cjolivie...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Formalize Committer Proposal and Application Procedure
Date Fri, 11 Aug 2017 18:20:27 GMT
My $0.02:

I think it's neat to have a nice doc with summaries and whatnot.

That being said, I am not sure that I would want to do something different
from all of the other Apache projects.   Apache has shown that their method
is successful.

I worry in this case that the focus may, for some, become how pretty (or
even possibly misleading) the document is, rather than actually clicking
and inspecting the work done.  I know that someone pointed out that it is
too tedious to click the links, but isn't the work what this is all about?

Some people have great talents for writing these sorts of documents -- I
don't know that this means they are a good contributor or not.

In addition, since this is a global initiative, some worthy contributors
may struggle with English...

-Chris