mxnet-dev mailing list archives

From Mu Li <muli....@gmail.com>
Subject Fwd: Formalize Committer Proposal and Application Procedure
Date Thu, 03 Aug 2017 16:44:28 GMT
It seems that this thread didn't show in the dev list.

Totally agree that we should make the committer nomination more formal.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Tianqi Chen <tqchen@apache.org>
Date: Wed, Aug 2, 2017 at 4:20 PM
Subject: Formalize Committer Proposal and Application Procedure
To: private@mxnet.incubator.apache.org

Hi Guys:
     As I mentioned in another thread, I personally think the current
committer proposal and application process is too informal.
     As MXNet grows larger and the community involves, I think it would be
very helpful to formalize the process and provide a clear standard for what
are we looking for in the comitter proposal process, and allow us to
evaluate based on the concrete evidence listed in the application to
promote the comitters.
     This will setup a good standard for the contributors, as well as
provide solid material to back our decisions. After did some search, I
created this application template based on the committer application from
Apache Mesos. I wrote it from the perspective of myself.
     https://docs.google.com/document/d/1vKTgX1_EkAT7NSmaiBKBmbq
DuhF9kQd53BB4iUxGn4M/edit?usp=sharing

     I would recommend this to become the mandatory thing for the future
committer nomination and voting, as well as the re-evaluation standard of
current comitters when we graduate from the incubator project.

Tianqi