mxnet-dev mailing list archives

From Mu Li <muli....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: NNVM status?
Date Wed, 23 Aug 2017 23:25:47 GMT
NNVM defines the graph structure, and how to write a pass function. What
you referred includes a concrete definition of the operator interface, e.g.
the lapack/blas interface.

A similar project is DLPack (https://github.com/dmlc/dlpack), it currently
defines the tensor interface, but not the operator level now.

A complete DL/ML stack will include

1. Frontend users will see
2. Computation graph IR, a serializable format to define the computation
flow, such as c = a*b+1
3. Operator IR, a common operator interface, e.g. +: a:tensor, b:tensor,
res:tensor
4. Compilers to optimize these IRs
5. Executor to run the workloads

Currently we have