mxnet-dev mailing list archives

From Chiyuan Zhang <plus...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: open issues
Date Thu, 31 Aug 2017 09:09:38 GMT
I could also help with this from time to time. I think maybe at least half
of the issues are outdated, in the sense that the original reporter was no
longer working on it or able to provide enough details to reproduce it.
While some still correspond to important feature request or potential
serious bugs, many of them could probably be safely closed. I am not
advocating we should always close issues that are too old, clearly the best
way is really to resolve it if we have enough man power.

I would suggest creating some tags for this, things could be 'out-dated',
'FAQ', etc. And periodically sweep through the issues, if you see an issues
that should be closed due to inactivity, you label it as 'out-dated' and
leave a message saying that it will be closed after XXX days if remains
inactive. Or if it corresponds to some frequently asked questions, mark it
as 'FAQ'. And another sweep that also happens periodically could try to
close the issues marked for 'out-dated' for a while and assemble entries
into documentation for the 'FAQ' issues.

- chiyuan