mxnet-dev mailing list archives

From Henri Yandell <he...@yandell.org>
Subject Re: Why its a good idea to move to your own infrastructure
Date Fri, 14 Jul 2017 08:32:55 GMT
That's a bit over-simplified in my (not lawyer) understanding.

If Apache received a DMCA takedown, it would have to do the same things
that GitHub did. There seem to potentially be similar laws in Europe. My
vague understanding of US DMCA is that you have to take it down when
reported, and then review whether it should have been taken down; but I
could have misunderstood that (was on some mailing list conversation years
ago :) ).

The advantage of hosting things yourself is that you would still have
access to the thing you took down (as it wouldn't be a distribution).
GitHub's not permitted to distribute the content to the account owners. I'm
not sure whether Apache would provide it to the committers or not; I
suspect it would be locked down while Apache figured things out.

A disadvantage of hosting things (personal project) is that you will
potentially be slow and fail to take the content down quickly enough.

New t-shirt slogan:    "Don't hate the hub :)"

Hen