mxnet-dev mailing list archives

From Qiang Kou <q...@umail.iu.edu>
Subject Re: Rcpp licensing in Apache MXNet
Date Fri, 07 Jul 2017 05:59:47 GMT
Really thank you for the clearance.

>From the link you provided,

"However, if the component is only needed for optional features, a project
can provide the user with instructions on how to obtain and install the
non-included work."

I think this is exactly our case. We provide instructions on how to install
GNU R and the Rcpp package.

Besides, our case is very similar with Spark.

The Spark R package includes "R.h" and "Rinternals.h", which are both LGPL (
https://github.com/apache/spark/blob/master/R/pkg/src-native/string_hash_code.c#L24-L25
).

Best wishes,

Qiang Kou