mxnet-dev mailing list archives

From Dominic Divakaruni <dominic.divakar...@gmail.com>
Subject infra migration
Date Mon, 01 May 2017 23:13:16 GMT
(trying this from my personal email, since the previous one didnt go out)

Nudging this to the top of your inbox. Relocating infrastructure to its
Apache home is one of the first steps in the incubator and is long overdue.
Contributors and mentors please voice your opinion and move this migration
forward.  I am restating the relocation work list below with two additional
items that have been suggested. Please add more that may be missing..

1.       Code relocation from GitHub to Apache.

a.       What are the steps involved to enable the transfer? Any associated
timelines that the community needs to be aware of? – *Apache Mentors *we
need your input

b.       MXNet has cross-dependencies on several DMLC foundational
sub-modules like core and ps-lite. How does a migration impact such cross
links to non-apache projects? Should we merge all the MXNet dependent
modules into a single repository or keep them as separate source
repositories at Apache? How do projects handle code dependencies/ links
with other non-apache projects? –*Apache Mentors *we need your input

c.       What are the project’s build server requirements?*Committers *can
you please comment?* Apache Mentors, *can one off infrastructure needs be
addressed?

d.       *Contributors*, please raise any additional questions or concerns
you may have.

2.       Moving from mxnet.io to mxnet.apache.org

a.       AWS may be willing to sponsor the development of a new website
with Apache branding and guidelines with collective requirements of the
community!*Contributors/Mentors* what do you think? Are there any other
potential sponsors for a new website?

b.      What happens to search links and bookmarks when the website moves
to an Apache URL? *Mentors*, do you have some guidance on this?

3.       Moving project communication away the current Slack team
(apache-mxnet) to the official Apache Slack team per Henri’s recommendation.

a.       There are some active discussions on slack. One of them has to do
with the docs improvement effort. Suggestion: should the move occur at the
conclusion of the current docs project? Maybe doing this along with the
code base relocation makes sense? *Contributors, Mentors,*thoughts?