mxnet-dev mailing list archives

From "Divakaruni, Dominic" <ddiva...@amazon.com>
Subject Re: Podling Report Reminder - April 2017
Date Tue, 11 Apr 2017 06:08:27 GMT
Hello MXNet members,

Here is a draft report proposal for the April report. Please do weigh in with any comments,
clarifications and additional context that you may want to add:

--------------------

MXNet

A Flexible and Efficient Library for Deep Learning

MXNet has been incubating since 2017-01-23.

  1. Move the code and website to Apache Infrastructure.

  2. Establish a formal release process and schedule, allowing for dependable release cycles
in line with Apache development process.

  3.

Any issues that the Incubator PMC (IPMC) or ASF Board wish/need to be aware of?

Contributors of the project are kicking off a focused effort towards completing the initial
setup, including code and website migration to Apache infrastructure and moving past that
quickly towards the first release. The project’s contributors look to the ASF for best practices
related to moving the infrastructure of a large active project while maintaining user experience.

While the infrastructure of the project is still under DMLC, the contributors are making headway
on documentation quality and bug fixes towards a stability release. Target for this release
is May 15. The committers will look to make this the first release under ASF guidelines.

  Development is active under the original project (DMLC/MXNet).

How would you assess the podling's maturity?

  [X] Initial setup

  [ ] Working towards first release

  [ ] Community building

  [ ] Nearing graduation

  [ ] Other:

Date of last release:

No Apache Release yet

When were the last committers or PPMC members elected?

  Project is being set up with the initial set of committers.

Thanks!

Dom