mina-users mailing list archives

From Bernd Fondermann <bernd.fonderm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: SSHD and MINA with multiple channels
Date Tue, 14 Aug 2012 13:27:40 GMT
On Mon, Aug 13, 2012 at 5:55 PM, Modeel, Subin <subin.modeel@hp.com> wrote:
> Thanks for your reply Bernd.
>
> I was talking about DatgramChAnnel provide by java. When the IoAcceptor binds it opens
a selector but registers only one channel.

now you start confusing me. datagram usually refers to UDP, while SSH
generally only works over TCP, doesn't it?
Also, you didn't mention DatagramChannel in your previous post.

> I wish to register multiple channels(DatagramChannel).Each channel will be bound to different
virtual ip.

Even more confusion. Every IP needs it's own connection, right? So,
together with this from you last post...

>> In my simulator each of my simulated device which is a java object has
>> a channel which will register itself to the singleton selector .As such I can have
many simulated devices each having a channel And all of them associated with the single selector.

... I still don't understand what you are trying to achieve.

Maybe someone more familiar with SSHD needs to chime in.

  Bernd

> -Subin

using SSHD which I found to be a very good implementation of sshd in JAVA.
>> But my adoption of SSHD needs to satisfy a scalability requirement.
>>
>> In my simulator each of my simulated device which is a java object has
>> a channel which will register itself to the singleton selector .As such I can have
many simulated devices each having a channel And all of them associated with the single selector.
>> I wish to have the same  architecture in SSHD.
>> Selector.open();
>>
>> .......//multiple channels
>> Channel.socket().bind(new InetSocketAddress( virtual ip, 161))
>> channel.register(selector, ops, callback);
>>

>> I wish to achieve the same in SSHD+MINA. I was looking at the code and
>> I found that NioSocketAcceptor.java will create a single channel as part of its open()
method. I find the by default you cannot bind to many IPs in the SshServer.java I wish to
modify SSHD and maybe even MINA for my project so that I can use the single instance of SSHDserver
and which can service multiple channels associated with different IPs .

brought up http://javaconfessions.com/2008/09/part-three-ssh-channels.html).