mina-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: potential bugs in MINA - how to report?
Date Thu, 28 Jun 2012 15:06:07 GMT
Le 6/28/12 4:58 PM, Florin Sultan a écrit :
> Hi Emmanuel,
Hi, Florin,

I have forwarded this answer to the users mailing list.

> I'm working on adding a different transport (UDT) to MINA.
>
> I've successfully
>
> I am getting a hang in a bind() call. I am suspecting a race or timing bug inside MINA
(but I might be wrong). Right now I am still looking for the root cause.

> In case it turns out I find something suspicious (that is, a bug) - what is the reporting
procedure ? Post to the list? Report it directly to you?

> I wouldn't want to pollute the user list with low-level details.
>
> Also - if this is a bug, how soon can I hope for a fix? I know it depends on many factors,
but assuming it's a minor-medium bug, how long does it usually take for a fix to become "official"?

You won't pollute the user mailing list. In fact, this mail should have
been sent to the user mailing list, instead of sending it to me.

The procedure is to create a JIRA :
http://mina.apache.org/issue-tracking.html

Don't hesitate, even if you are unsure that it's a bug. In this case, we
simply close the jira. Otherwise, this is the best place because you can
attach code, we can comment, discuss the probelm, etc. Plus it remains
attached to the current version, so we will see it whan we will cut
another release, when mails are likely to be forgetten.

If it's a bug, we can decide to cut a release. This is a 4 days process,
so not such a big deal (well, 3 out of those for days are just for
people to vote the release, releasing takes more or less one hour).

Hope it helps.

--
Regards,
Cordialement,