mina-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel L├ęcharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject Fwd: Re: Mina with Java AIO
Date Thu, 26 Jan 2012 08:41:48 GMT
Forwarded this message the the users ML...

On Thu, 26 Jan 2012 09:12:59 +0100, Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:
>  On 1/26/12 4:02 AM, Chad Beaulac wrote:
>>  Punt on Java 6 and just goto Java 7 with Mina 3?
>
>  That could be an option, but I'm afraid that Java 6 will be around
>  for a few years before Java 7 become the main version in use.
>
>  I'd rather think about a solution that detect which Java version is
>  in use, and if it's Java 7, then allow AIO to be used.

Wouldn't it be possible to provide the AIO Support as a additional
library (for mina 2.x)?

I mean: NIO is provided with the NioSocketAcceptor etc.  and is
included in the mina lib.
Why not create AioSocketAcceptor-class stuff and provide it as a
separate library, which has to be used with mina 2.x.

So mina can be compiled with java6 sdk and the Aio-Addon-Lib with
java7?!

For mina3 one could go, as suggested by chad, for java7 only...?!

- Alex