mina-users mailing list archives

From "Ray Cunliffe" <r...@rayc.com>
Subject MINA requests using Java Swing and jdbc
Date Mon, 08 Aug 2011 23:12:24 GMT
Does anyone know how to correctly process a request using MINA version
2.0.3,

when some of the processing is done on the swing edt thread.

The scenario is as follows:

I am using Java Swing.

When I press a button in the gui I want to read the

database and return the record to the calling JButton handler, then

process that data and update the gui.

The problem I am having is with the threading.

The JButton handler has its own thread (EDT).

MINA processing is using a different thread.

So the calls to process the MINA request are not necessarily running in

the correct sequence with the rest of the gui processing code (as one would

expect with concurrent threads).

Does someone know how to correctly solve this one?

Some sample code would be really useful.

Thanks