mina-users mailing list archives

From Bernd Fondermann <bernd.fonderm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [vysper] questions
Date Fri, 18 Feb 2011 15:43:27 GMT
On Fri, Feb 18, 2011 at 16:35, Sasha Dolgy <sdolgy@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  I have a working prototype using cassandra as a storage provider for
> [ org.apache.vysper.xmpp.authorization.AccountManagement/UserAuthorization
> ]
>
> verifyAccountExists(Entity jid)
> addUser(String username, String password)
>
> I started taking a look at the ResourceRegistry as you suggested.  Wouldn't
> a good first step be to abstract this and make it an interface and move the
> existing code into something that then implements it?

+1

> This way people could
> write different resource registry implementations so that we could see just
> how badly having it back onto Cassandra would be ; )

right :-)

> My code isn't pretty.  Having said that, what or where is the best way to
> share it?  Admittedly, it has been years since i've contributed something
> anywhere.

Please open a JIRA ticket (
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/VYSPER , registration required)
create a diff (IDEs, Unix, SVN tools etc support that) and attach it
to the JIRA issue.
Note: Don't forget to check the ASF grant tick box.
Thanks for contributing!

> Also, what I find a little odd, the password for an entity is in clear
> text....?  Is this covered in the XMPP protocols anywhere?

Ah. Next JIRA, please. We shouldn't do that, and no storage backend is
required to store plain text.
XMPP is agnostic about how passwords are stored.

Thanks,

  Bernd