mina-users mailing list archives

From Sasha Dolgy <sdo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [vysper] questions
Date Fri, 18 Feb 2011 15:35:53 GMT
Hi,

 I have a working prototype using cassandra as a storage provider for
[ org.apache.vysper.xmpp.authorization.AccountManagement/UserAuthorization
]

verifyAccountExists(Entity jid)
addUser(String username, String password)

I started taking a look at the ResourceRegistry as you suggested.  Wouldn't
a good first step be to abstract this and make it an interface and move the
existing code into something that then implements it?  This way people could
write different resource registry implementations so that we could see just
how badly having it back onto Cassandra would be ; )

My code isn't pretty.  Having said that, what or where is the best way to
share it?  Admittedly, it has been years since i've contributed something
anywhere.

Also, what I find a little odd, the password for an entity is in clear
text....?  Is this covered in the XMPP protocols anywhere?

-sd