mina-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: SslFilter issue with Google Chrome browser
Date Tue, 28 Dec 2010 01:37:39 GMT
On 12/28/10 12:04 AM, bryandonnovan@gmail.com wrote:
> I'm having a strange problem with the SslFilter in that all tested browsers
> except Google Chrome can connect to the filter.  This is the latest release
> of Chrome running on either Mac or Windows.
>
> I stress that this is a CA issued certificate, so there are no self-signed
> trust issues.  Also, Chrome can SSL handshake with this the certificate when
> connecting to IIS, so it is something specific to my Mina/SslFilter setup
>
> I believe that there is some handshake problem, but I don't know how to
> troubleshoot what it might be, or why only Chrome fails of all the browsers.
>   I sure would appreciate any advice
Could it be related to the fact that Chrome has a very specific feature
in the latest version, called 'False-start', implemented in order to
speed-up SSL connection .

http://www.belshe.com/2010/12/05/chrome-speeding-up-ssl-with-ssl-falsestart/

Would be interesting to get a wireshark trace to see if this is the
problem, and to see what could be the impact on MINA server code, if we
were to support this feature.

--
Regards,
Cordialement,