mina-users mailing list archives

From Ashish <paliwalash...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: MINA performance on Centos/Tomcat
Date Mon, 20 Sep 2010 17:00:01 GMT
On Mon, Sep 20, 2010 at 10:18 PM, Kumar Abhishek <kumabhi@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the kind reply. A quick update on why I didn't go for doing this
> in Servlets is the smpp server needs to be continuously binded to smsc, this
> calls for background thread execution in tomcat which I didn't think to be a
> good idea. Also, poor console based monitoring of smsc binded process if
> tomcat is the front-end ;)
> Also, you are very right about separation of concerns thing, that was the
> very idea behind this architecture, to move the http g/w around and possibly
> replicate as well on demand :)
> Any inputs on what tomcat settings can be played around with?

You could use context listeners for starting/stopping Threads, not
necessary in servlets.
Add JMX support and you should be good for monitoring.

Touch tomcat setting only if its an hurting ur app. Best is look
what's eating up CPU?
1. Something is eating the CPU, find out what it is
2. For Tomcat, tune Threads in server.xml, removed unused context and
other stuff. If possible use tcnative to give an extra dose of power.
    At this moment leave it untouched. Might come in handy later on.
3. Keep ur eye open to GC

Well these are all wild guesses. First thing is to get info out of
your system and analyze what's going on.

This is ALL I can help without Thread dumps.

thanks
ashish