mina-users mailing list archives

From André Rodrigues <gur...@gmail.com>
Subject Help implementing SSL
Date Mon, 30 Aug 2010 17:04:54 GMT
Hi everyone!

I'm trying to fix up a simple MINA example using SSL and I'm having some
trouble. Here's what I did:

1) I'm running the EchoServer example with SSL turned on. I generated the
bogus.cert keystore using keytool as described in the documentation.
2) I created a simple MINA client that connects to the EchoServer and starts
a new thread to capture keyboard input and send it to the EchoServer. The
client also prints out received messages.
3) I'm using the ssl package from the EchoServer in my MINA client and using
the same keystore I generated with keytool in step 1.
4) I'm adding a SSLFilter to the client filter chain using the
BogusSSLContextFactory from the EchoServer example (new
SslFilter(SslContextFactory.getInstance(false)).

This, however, does not seem to work... does anybody have any idea why?

Sorry if this comes off as a rookie question, but I'm just getting into
programming.

Thanks in advance,
andre