mina-users mailing list archives

From Frank Kim <frankki...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: SocketAcceptor pausing on CentOS
Date Wed, 21 Apr 2010 13:29:43 GMT
Emmanuel, turns out that the code I've previously included did not test my
issue in production exactly. The issue here was due to utilizing
Executors.newFixedThreadPool(threadCount) in the SocketAcceptor, and when I
switched over to Executors.newCachedThreadPool(), I did not see any pauses.
The Mina documentation recommends using newCachedThreadPool for
socketacceptor as it may lead to weird performance issues which I've faced
recently. The notable fact here is that on a 32bit system Redhat 5.1 running
JDK1.6, Executors.newFixedThreadPool performed flawlessly, and that's why
I've been using it for last 2 years. But when we moved up to 64Bit CentOS
the newFixedThreadPool produced weird results which originated this whole
thread.

Thanks,
Frank