mina-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel LŽcharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Application works with single IoSession, throws exception on client side with multiple sessions
Date Sun, 03 Jan 2010 14:12:30 GMT
Laurent Cohen a écrit :
> Hello Emmanuel,
>
> Thanks for your reply. I'm perfectly comfortable with English, so I'd
> rather stick to it, in case anyone else could benefit from reading
> this thread.
> As far as I know, the points you mentioned previously are already
> handled. The only thing I do not need to handle is the case where we
> have multiple messages per incoming buffer, because the application is
> built in such a way that a client always sends a single message, and
> always in response to a server command.
> The code I'm using is essentially an adaptation of existing code that
> was using non-blocking NIO low-level APIs directly, and it was already
> handling these issues, including potentialy partial length values.
> The code for this can be found there:
> http://jppf-project.cvs.sourceforge.net/viewvc/jppf-project/server/src/java/org/jppf/server/mina/nodeserver/NodeMessage.java?revision=1.1&view=markup

> In any case, if I were missing one of these points, it wouldn't even
> be working with a single client, would it?
Not necessarily, but at this point, I would first check that the code
with a single client is correct, as you suggested :) I think that your
approach is correct.

What would help is a simple multi-threaded client injecting messages to
the server, in order to be able to reproduce the problem easily. It's
difficult to tell what's going wrong by looking at the code... :/

> As per your request, I can put together a simple test that will
> reproduce the issue. I just need to take some time to package it, I
> hope it's OK if I send it tomorrow or the day after?
NP, I'm currently a bit busy too with some bugs to fix on another project.