mina-users mailing list archives

From hakan eryargi <hakan.erya...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: MINA hanging onto dead connections?
Date Tue, 12 Jan 2010 02:49:23 GMT
> As far as I understand the way NIO works, when the clinet has brutally closed the connection
(ie, no FIN), the selector won't be informed about any modification regarding this socket,
so its SelectionKey  will never be returned on a select() operation.

just for curiosity, is this different from a blocking socket
connection ? i mean, is there something different for NIO that it cant
detect a disconnected client but a blocking server can ?

On Tue, Jan 12, 2010 at 4:17 AM, Emmanuel LŽcharny <elecharny@gmail.com> wrote:

> Patrick Sansoucy a écrit :
>>
>> Sorry to jump on the thread, but I'm a bit surprised by (and curious about) the behavior
exposed here and the fact that Mina does not detect it ...

>> Is the connections between your 2 boxes direct (ie no proxy or firewall) because
I witnessed a couple of years ago the exact same behavior with one of our application and
we found out that the issue was that a proxy was leaving the socket hanging there making the
client or server think it was still active.

>> From what I remember from our diverse implementation at work (I am not familiar with
Mina's inner working). I think the poll would indicate something occurred and a read confirm
the socket closing (cleanly or not).