mina-users mailing list archives

From pttorgenrud <pttorgen...@yahoo.ca>
Subject Re: SSHD status
Date Sun, 07 Jun 2009 20:44:59 GMT

Hi Guillaume,

I fiddled some more. It was just a matter of creating the project properly
(core only so far, I haven't looked at pam yet) and including the
dependencies. I was too impatient yesterday :)

Minimal dependencies to create an sshd-core Eclipse project without errors:
mina-core jar
slf4j-simple jar
slf4f-api jar
junit jar
bcprov jar
spring jar
Jsch project (JCraft doesn't seem to distribute jars and you have to correct
a bug in one of the examples.)
JZlib project

Thanks for the info on projects using SSHD. I noticed Karaf from your blog.

So far this is the roadmap as I understand it:
- both synchronous and asynchronous API development for client
- key based authentication for client
- web docs

Since I have only a general idea of what MINA is capable of and how it does
it, I have no clue what you have in mind for the client side APIs. So I'll
take some time in the coming week to figure out how/if it's possible to use
the sshd-core project as it exists now in svn in a network visualization
tool I've been working on. Sounds like an opportunity to play around with
Maven as well.

Pete

The two projects I know about using SSHD are:
  * Apache Felix Karaf (former ServiceMix Kernel), an OSGi server
suited for server-side apps
  * JGit (Java Git integration)
ServiceMix Kernel is the basis for Apache ServiceMix (and the FUSE
ESB), and the switch to Karaf should be done in the short term.

I haven't tried that using Eclipse, as I'm mostly using Intelij Idea,
but I usually use the maven commands to create the IDE projects.
Have you tried running:
    mvn eclipse:eclipse -DdownloadSources=true
and import the generated projects into Eclipse ?  The only required
bit is to define a variable pointing to your local maven repository
and it should work fine.