mina-users mailing list archives

From "gonzalo diethelm" <gdieth...@dcv.cl>
Subject SEDA reloaded?
Date Mon, 13 Apr 2009 18:48:38 GMT
Hello everyone, this is my first post on this list.

I have been aware of SEDA for several years now; I believe I first heard
about it on the Avalon (!) mailing list. Ever since then I have
considered it a great choice for a light weight distributed
architecture, where each stage would represent the basic unit of
computation in a distributed process.

On the other hand, I have been looking for signs of active development
in SEDA for the longest time. The Sourceforge stats show that the SEDA
CVS repository has not been updated for many years now.

Is MINA the place were SEDA "lives" now, at least in conceptual form? Is
Matt Welsh aware of MINA? Does he participate in the development of
MINA? Has he ever stated an opinion (good or not so good) about MINA?

>From what I have been able to gather, MINA goes a long way in easing the
complexity of developing over non-blocking I/O. Does it keep the idea of
explicit message queues at the entrance of each stage? Queues that could
be controlled from the stage depending on the load perceived? Or is this
implicit in the IoFilterChain?

Is there support in MINA for a standard message marshalling protocol? I
am thinking of something like CDR or even some kind of XML-based
formatting. For that matter, is there standard support in MINA for
parsing / generating XML?

Thanks and best regards,

--
Gonzalo Diethelm