mina-users mailing list archives

From "Niklas Gustavsson" <nik...@protocol7.com>
Subject Re: Problem with sessionClosed event when IP is blacklisted on the fly
Date Fri, 16 Jan 2009 07:09:31 GMT
On Fri, Jan 16, 2009 at 7:57 AM, Atul Moglewar <atulmoglewar@gmail.com> wrote:
> Am I the only using BlackListFilter?

No, we also use it for FtpServer, I don't know how much it is used though.

>> 1) Does MINA closes the session automatically if it is already been opened
>> and is live and is added to the black list on the fly?

Yes, it will close the session on the next event in that session (like
message received)

>>     a) If it closes, does it fire the sessionClosed event to the registered
>> IOHandler. In my case its not firing the event.

This looks like a bug to me. I think the reason is that even on
session close, the black list filter will not let the session closed
event through the filter list, but will instead try to close the
session (which is already closing). I'll let the more experienced in
this area provided more input, but I think the
org.apache.mina.filter.firewall.BlacklistFilter.sessionClosed(NextFilter,
IoSession) method needs not to attempt blocking the session.

/niklas