mina-users mailing list archives

From "Christian Migowski" <chrismf...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: NioSocketAcceptor - Too many open files
Date Wed, 30 Jul 2008 08:09:07 GMT
Hi,

2008/7/30, Tom Wieczorek <tw@btnet.de>:

> Hi Niklas,
>
> only one single client is on the same box, all other clients, especially
> the ones connecting to the http service, are running on different machines.
> I am definitely not sure that all clients close their sockets correctly, but
> this shouldn't be a problem on the server side, if the server closes the
> session?

It shouldn't. If you look at the tcp state diagram*, you'll see that
CLOSE_WAIT means that your application needs to send the final FIN. So it is
ftpserver/mina or some issue in java tcp socket implementation itself.

christian

* http://www.vs.inf.ethz.ch/edu/WS0102/VS/TCP-State-Diagram.html

regards,