mina-users mailing list archives

From Chris Gamble <cgam...@crgmedia.com>
Subject Re: multiplayer online game (client/server architecture)
Date Thu, 19 Jun 2008 20:30:05 GMT
I hate to see threads like this started -- especially when the community
has done such a great job of providing a product.

My experience with MINA and its how-to library was a  great and simple
experience. I got up and running with a flash gaming site with 1 hour of
work. I did have to do a quick search on Google to figure out the
oddness of Flashes XMLSocket, but everything else was there. The only
place I saw could use improvement in MINA documentation would have been
for advanced features. So I could see a need for a down-n-dirty with
MINA book, but I think the example and documentation provided are
extremely reasonable to get started.

Please consider this a long over due thanks to the Apache MINA people
for a great job.