mina-users mailing list archives

From 이희승 (Trustin Lee) <trus...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: long messages
Date Wed, 14 May 2008 15:26:10 GMT
It is somewhat difficult to say which is a better approach because it's
case-by-base.

In general, you need to write an efficient decoder and I/O handler which
don't consume a lot of memory.  For example, you could make your decoder
not to buffer all the content of the long message but to flush it chunk by
chunk (e.g. 32kb each).  I/O handler could be implemented to consume each
chunk properly as soon as possible.  Otherwise, you could write the long
message down to the disk if it is going to be stored somewhere.

--
Trustin Lee - Principal Software Engineer, JBoss, Red Hat
http://gleamynode.net/