mina-dev mailing list archives

From Guillaume Nodet <gno...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [HEADS UP] SSHD branch created for 1.0 / 0.14
Date Mon, 23 Feb 2015 16:17:17 GMT
So the NIO2 FileSystem api is only used for sftp / scp support.
I'd like to avoid supporting both filesystems api long term, but I
don't rule out bug fixing releases on 0.14.x so that users can
migrate to 1.0 at their own pace.

For sockets, the NIO2 api is still optional and mina 2.x can be used
as another IO provider and I don't really see any why this should change.
I haven't checked with mina3.  If we want to support both 2.x and 3.x at
the same time, it may require extracting the mina providers into different
maven modules, which could be done before 1.0 release.