mina-dev mailing list archives

From Edouard De Oliveira <doe_wan...@yahoo.fr>
Subject Re: Adding Monitoring to MINA 3.0
Date Thu, 25 Jul 2013 15:38:32 GMT
Hi folks,
i've been MIA for quite long but i regularly take a look at MINA threads from time to time

As for monitoring, i don't know if it's the best tool for this (need to investigate it when
i'll have some spare time ...)

But what i know is that it is IMHO definitly a MUST HAVE
as it would allow to gather stats from within real world running instances instead of often
quite simple junit tests

So big +1 for your idea Ashish

Cordialement, Regards,
-Edouard De Oliveira-

________________________________
 De : Ashish <paliwalashish@gmail.com>
À : dev@mina.apache.org
Envoyé le : Jeudi 25 juillet 2013 17h24
Objet : Adding Monitoring to MINA 3.0

Folks,

Since we have M1 release, we can think about adding Monitoring support to
MINA.

Yammer's Metrics package is quite widely used for this.

http://metrics.codahale.com/

I do not have a concrete idea on how to go about putting monitoring in
place. It would be worth discussing about it.

We can use to monitor

bytes in/out
Queue lengths
Protocol Messages in/out