mina-dev mailing list archives

From "Darryl L. Miles" <darryl-mailingli...@netbauds.net>
Subject FtpServer trunk/r1369117 unit tests failing ?
Date Mon, 06 Aug 2012 16:16:10 GMT

Hello (my first post to the list),

I am evaluating the status of the MINA/FtpServer projects.  Is the
project in good order ?

Are the projects known to work on Windows ?  Win7 64bit JRE6 ?  I am
also using Eclipse Helios SR2 and have the trees checked out from SVN:

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/mina/ftpserver/trunk  (r1369117)
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/mina/branches/2.0 (r1369395)

The unit tests for FtpServer are not working in the development setup above.

When using "mvn test" (from eclipse) on ftpserver-core I am seeing many
failures (30+ test file failures)

If I right click the whole ftpserver-core project (using Run As -> JUnit
Test) it finds 656 tests and only 7 fail.

This is unusual, maven unit testing usually works better for a project
but the Eclipse, Run As JUnit fails.

When I investigated one of these failures:

The cause (of ftpserver-core unit test ActiveModeReplyTest failing)

I traced one matter down to the method:

Object
org.apache.mina.core.session.DefaultIoSessionData.getAttribute(IoSession,Object,Object)

At the end it returns the value of
ConcurrentHashMap<Object,Object>#putIfAbsent(key, defaultValue);

But the default return value is the old value (or null).  But the caller
is expecting an existing (not-null value) or the default value to be
returned.

There maybe other methods that need a similar change.

The symptom (of ftpserver-core unit test ActiveModeReplyTest failing) :

The code in the FtpServer project the method:

int org.apache.ftpserver.impl.FtpIoSession#getMaxIdleTime();

was generating a NullPointerException, because a null was being returned
and then cast into a primitive 'int' type.  The null was the previous
value for the attribute from the Map (since it did not exist).

There are many other failures.

Darryl