mina-dev mailing list archives

From Bernd Fondermann <bf_...@brainlounge.de>
Subject Re: [Vysper 0.7] Server-to-Server communication...
Date Mon, 13 Feb 2012 10:36:02 GMT

On 09.02.12 16:19, Marc Neeley wrote:
> Niklas,
>    Thanks for the reply. I did run across the XEP-0114 spec and discussion
> online, but it has been unclear to me how  s2s vs. non-s2s traffic is
> separated for any given implemented component.

Should it be separated. In short each server is handling only stanzas
targeted for his own domain plus subdomains, every stanza for other
domains must either be rejected, or send to the authorized server via s2s.

> For example, if I don't
> enable s2s as shown in the Vysper docs then can I then use say the XEP-0060
> Pub/Sub implementation  for s2s instead? I didn't know, for example, if
> things like dialback would only be active and sent if the s2s configuration
> is turned on and thus, the XEP-0060 implementation wouldn't see it.

Maybe I'm not getting you right, but these are separate issues. pub/sub
requests for [pubsub.]mydomain.com must be handled by the server
handling mydomain.com stanzas. If client me@mydomain.com request to
subscribe to a topic on pubsub.some-other-domain.com, this request can't
be fulfilled by mydomain-server anyway (it can only be relayed). If s2s
is enabled, the subscription request would be relayed to
some-other-domain.com, otherwise it would be rejected by
mydomain.com-server (because this server is responsible for relaying,
but s2s is turned off). This is unlike HTTP where any client can connect
to any server: XMPP clients must go through their servers to other servers.

Did this match your question?

  Bernd

   Thanks