mina-dev mailing list archives

From Niklas Gustavsson <nik...@protocol7.com>
Subject Re: Regarding Google Summer Of code 2012
Date Mon, 21 Feb 2011 21:18:55 GMT
On Fri, Feb 18, 2011 at 7:03 PM, Eshan Sudharaka <esudharaka@gmail.com> wrote:
>  I am a final year computer science and engineering student who is studying
> at University of Moratuwa Sri lanka, I am interested in applying a proposal
> for a java based project.And  i used apache FTP server in my training place.
> It was a great experience and i would like to submit a proposal regarding a
> improvement (Add a new feature ).

The ASF has not yet started the work on project proposals for GSoC.
But, judging from previous years, I believe the process is the other
way around. That is, a mentor proposes a project and students can
apply for these projects. Not sure if students can propose projects on
their own.

That said, having an interested student around is a good thing in case
someone wants to mentor a project.

/niklas