mina-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [MINA 3.0] Some thoughts on Debug tool
Date Thu, 19 Aug 2010 22:42:25 GMT
  On 8/19/10 3:41 PM, Ashish wrote:
> Guys,
>
> I just added some thoughts on the Debug tool on MINA 3.0 design page
> (https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MINA/MINA+3.0+design).
> Ideas are better on wiki than in my mind.
>
> JMX would be the best way to get the data from running App, as we
> shall be able to extract more data from running JVM.
Absolutely !
> On the initial thoughts, we can capture Statistical and Configuration
> information in the tool, which shall help see the system in action.
>
> Few items indentified are
>
> Configuration - (Probably would be good if we can allow change in
> config from the same UI as well as expose JMX API's)
> Chain Config
> Acceptor
> Selector
> Strategy ??

I would add Log level. It would be cool if we can switch it dynamically.
> Stats
> Session's
> Session data
> Heaps Usage
> ???

It would be very useful to gather information related to the queues we
are using in many places.

Also inactive sessions, sessions duration, etc
> I believe our users can provide more info on what might help them
> better manage/debug their systems.
>
> Thoughts/Comments/Suggestion?
Everything that can help the user to have a better insight on what's
going on is a good thing to have.

--
Regards,
Cordialement,