mina-dev mailing list archives

From Victor <dreamland_sk...@mail333.com>
Subject Re: Re : ConnectFuture confusion
Date Tue, 02 Mar 2010 12:13:55 GMT
I agree with Edouard, much people not even waited but used (!) mina 2.0
in production. Our servers are working on mina 2.0 during ~1.5 years -
we use both connectors and acceptors.
In fact, 2.0 is not so bad as it seems to be ;) We just have some bugs
which should be fixed in 2.0. Otherwise people may think that mina will
never be released ;-(

Victor N

Edouard De Oliveira wrote:
> There are months i'm thinking the same without daring to say so ...
> The problem is that 1.x branches have been abandonned long time ago and much people are
indeed waiting for the release of this 2.0
> how bad would it be to release it for the early adopters with a 'use it at your own risk'
warning and invite new comers to wait for a 3.0 preview ?
> would it be acceptable for the community to say that we won't support it extensively
as our efforts will be concentrated on 3.0 ?

> Maybe it's the right time to shake the anthill or maybe not ...
> my 2 cents
>
>  Cordialement, Regards,
> -Edouard De Oliveira-

I have the same sentiments as Ashish.
attempted vote on its initial release is another.
>>> I know :/ This is why I created a branch, in a desesperate attempt to get rid
of all those futures, instead of doing that in trunk. Now, it was the end of a long and painful
week, chasing many bugs in many places, and I was turning in circle.

>>> I *wish* we can fix the bug, without having to rewrite this part.
>> Another alternative is to totally abandon 2.x.  It was never officially released.
 Just leave it as it is and work on the new 2.x