mina-dev mailing list archives

From Ashish <paliwalash...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [MINA 3.0] Initial thoughts on FilterChain
Date Mon, 14 Dec 2009 04:22:13 GMT
> Agreed, the SM approach should cover all cases; even the logging case in
> your subsequent post.
>
> So with that said, would it not make sense to have a set of fixed filter
> chains w/ each chain representing a state rather than a bucket of filters
> with each filter deciding the next filter to execute?

Sorry , but I am confused :-(
can you help me understand how the Filter chains as a state would work?

Here is a simple Chain. The one with * can be dynamically
added/removed. Logging filter could be added at multiple places

Acceptor -> BlackList Filter -> Logging Filter* -> Throughput Filter*
-> Executor Filter -> Codec -> Logging Filter *
->IoHandler

Now how would the suggested approach work??

--
thanks
ashish