mina-dev mailing list archives

From Ashish <paliwalash...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [MINA 3.0] Initial thoughts on FilterChain
Date Fri, 04 Dec 2009 01:28:30 GMT
>>> What about the assertion that new filters only get created to simulate a
>>> state machine?
>>
>> Finally, managed to check-in some of the initial thoughts.
>> The transition handler or the computeNext function is still to be out in.
>
> Sorry. Not sure how that answers my question other than to detail what
> you've done and what you're about to do.

OOPS! :-(  I think I am getting old

After a discussion we thought that we shall make it possible for
user's to choose the way we want Filter transitions
That's what the transition handler is :-) Default implementation shall
be of next Filter in the chain.
User's can plugin their implementations for transition say like a
State Machine implementation.

Since I couldn't take it to logical conclusion, still working on it :)
Also my experience with State machines is limited, so will need a
helping hand here (or may be some references :-) )

--
thanks
ashish

Blog: http://www.ashishpaliwal.com/blog