mina-dev mailing list archives

From Prasad Shindikar <prasad.shindi...@gmail.com>
Subject Does SSHD support call back methods before providing a password
Date Fri, 04 Dec 2009 11:56:35 GMT
Hi SSHD Users,

I have a business scenario where I cannot provide passwords directly to the
SSHD client code.

I have a security gateway which kicks in whenever I SSH (using SSHD) into a
given remote machine. This gateway, does not directly accept a simple clear
text password.

Instead it outputs a few things on the console, and a combination of these
things gives me a unique password which if entered will successfully login
to the machine.

So, my question here is can I in someway access the console (to get the
above mentioned things) using SSHD, so that I can calculate the unique
response and set it as password before the SSHD client code connects to the
remote machine.

Hope I am being clear here. :-)

Is there some call back mechanism while connecting, using which I can hook
the required authentication ?

Any help or pointers for the same will be appreciated.

Regards,

Prasad Shindikar